System1 is looking for software engineers to help us build next generation marketing platforms for the social, email, and search channels. We work like a startup but have the revenues and profits of an established company and we are growing rapidly. If you like to develop with cloud services, work with search engines like Elastic Search, process large volumes of data or work on optimization algorithms, then you will enjoy working with us. We have several openings at our offices in Atlanta GA, Bellevue WA, and Venice CA.Individuals should be self-motivated and interested in doing quality work in a dynamic and collaborative environment. As a software engineer, you will interact with product managers and end users to deliver an end to end experience with quality. We use Python, .NET, Java, Angular JS, and many AWS services. Flexibility, a drive to have an impact, solve tough engineering problems, and the ability to collaborate & communicate effectively are keys to success in this position.
- A BS in CS or a similar analytical discipline or equivalent experience, and at least 4 years of experience shipping code and deploying services.
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming & related principles, and service oriented architectures.
- Applicable experience with at least couple of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, C#, Python. Experience with .NET Framework a plus
- Familiarity with AWS services and DBMS including Redshift is a plus.
- Have end to end ownership for systems and services. You will design, develop, and launch services. You will have a thorough understanding of the overall system.
- Document scenarios, debug, evaluate, and test services.
- Own the implementation of key features or sub-components.
- Lead the implementation of good software engineering practices.
- Collaborate & communicate effectively with remote teams.