System1 is looking for a creative and talented front-end engineer. Our platform interacts with tens of million of users per month and our mission is to develop user interfaces that provide an intuitive user interaction and dramatically enhance the overall user experience. In this role, your contributions will be extremely visible and have a direct impact on a large user base. We constantly strive for experimentation and optimization of all our user interfaces. We actively learn what designs are most effective via extensive A/B testing. Our design life-cycle is consistently driven by quantitative data analysis in order to measure and maximize user impact. You will utilize core software development skills to create user-facing applications and tools that will assist partners in optimizing their use of our innovative analytics platform.
- Convert UI specifications into clean and easy to maintain responsive web pages.
- Assist in documenting, debugging, evaluating and unit testing projects.
- Participate in code reviews & application design discussions.
- Collaborate & communicate effectively, working in a team environment with other experienced engineers.
- Implement A/B tests.
- 5+ years of professional web development experience A MUST.
- Expert level understanding of CSS and preprocessors (Less, Sass).
- Experience with PostCSS a plus.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Attention to detail for tasks both big and small.
- Ability to manage time effectively and complete work by given deadlines.
- Proactive instead of reactive: looking for ways to improve self & projects.
- Ability to adapt and integrate quickly into a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with Webpack, Gulp, Babel, and BrowserStack preferred.
- Understanding of Python and Jinja a plus.