System1 is looking for a scrappy, entry-level photographer to assist our publishing team with acquiring auto images and other miscellaneous assignments. This person must be able to travel locally, snap shots on a whim, and provide a quick turnaround time for lightly edited photos. We are not looking for a photographer to set up full shoots, but rather someone who can snap cars on the street, utilize dealerships, and potentially attend auto shows for us if they come up.
Scope of work: First batch will consist of about 100 subjects to shoot. Following that, we will likely have a request of 30-40 subjects needed every 2 months. Post-production needed is very minimal, just color correction and cropping primarily.
Compensation: We will compensate photographers a flat rate of $50 per subject, with a minimum on 25 selects per subject required for us to choose from.
- Focus will be 75% auto images, 25% miscellaneous ad hoc
- Scout how you can get certain shots, cars, etc.
- Travel locally to various locations
- Shoot and edit photos of given assignments
- Prioritize image selection and transmit with consideration for deadlines and needs
- Own your own flow of image creation and editing
- Entry-level photography experience
- Must provide a portfolio or examples of images you have taken
- Able to work independently and scout locations / subjects as needed with little guidance
- Ability to edit photos in various styles (in Photoshop or Lightroom)
- Must have a quick turnaround time for assignments
- Flexibility for photography and editing style
- Great communication skills