Design, build, operate, debug, and optimize sophisticated distributed systems with a growing team of talented engineers here at System1. Manipulate and leverage datasets to extract valuable insights coming from millions of user requests. The ideal person is not only an expert software developer but also a collaborative team player with infectious energy and a desire to communicate their ideas respectfully to colleagues.
The Role You Will Have
- Build, operate, and optimize large distributed systems
- Design and implement algorithms to efficiently process, analyze, and serve massive datasets
- Work as a key member of the serving team, as well as working with the Compliance team to understand their engineering needs
What You Will Bring
- 3+ years of full-time experience in a Python development environment required
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience building scalable and reliable products in the cloud
- Comfort writing large-scale, high performance code
- Good diagnostic and debugging skills
- Must be familiar with the backend aspect of serving technologies
- Be able to prioritize end to end, debug, be familiar with user tracking, cookie management, web crawling technologies, bug detection, and traffic quality
What We Have To Offer
- Free Uber/Lyft to and from work every day!
- Collegial and collaborative team with highly intelligent and motivated coworkers
- Cross-team lunches and demos to foster learning
- Unlimited Paid Sick Time, Competitive PTO and Benefits package
- Catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly happy hour at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Los Angeles
- Weekly fitness class with private trainer: high intensity training, yoga, beach volleyball, beach soccer, ultimate frisbee
- Competitive Relocation Package
- Company parties and outings: Skyzone indoor skydiving, Medieval Times, Karaoke, etc.