System1 is developing a state-of-the-art data platform which interacts in real-time with millions of users.
We are seeking a DevOps engineer with experience working in an AWS environment. You will work as an integral member of our DevOps team, managing deployments and ensuring that mission critical systems are functioning effectively and consistently. In this role, you would actively participate in code reviews, understand the architecture of the system and advise the engineering team on key technology choices.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working within a Linux/Ubuntu environment
- Experience working within a Python development environment
- Knowledge of MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Strong knowledge of bash
- Knowledge of Docker and Docker-related services (Docker-compose, Docker-registry, etc)
- Knowledge of Jenkins
- Ability to write clear, concise documentation
- Experience using and supporting AWS services (EC2, IAM, Lambda, Redshift, etc)
- Knowledge of Git/GitHub
- Build out a continuous integration system to allow for smooth code deployment by developers
- Automate management of our cloud infrastructure
- Design and implement policies for security, logging and monitoring of the serving system
- Participate in peer code reviews and architectural designs