HowStuffWorks is looking for a member of the direct sales team for HowStuffWorks. This position will be the vital intersection point between our sales staff, clients, finance and our award winning editorial department.
Based in our facilities in Bellevue, Washington, We’re looking for a career oriented self-starter who has a minimum of 3 years of digital industry experience: advertising, sales, operations, marketing and/or content development. Must possess an understanding/some fluency of the language, terminology and current conditions of the current digital market eco-system.
At the onset, this position will be responsible for supporting all pre and post ad sales.
- 3+ years of account management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent communication skills--both written and oral, comfortable working with client through email and over the phone
- Track record of success, with proven record to meet and exceed expectations
- Results oriented individual who strategically pursues business with energy and drive.
- Infectious passion about the benefits of technology and the internet
- Working in tandem with the ad, editorial and ad operations teams across site, podcast, video, social, native and experiential offerings.
- Assist in the development of sales marketing material, general sales presentations, case studies, “one-sheets”, “mocks”, screen shots, etc. on an as needed basis
- Have a fluency, understanding and/or show quick aptitude for learning and working with syndicated research such as ComScore to produce custom proposals by demo for individual clients and creating compelling research cases for the platform in support of the direct sales efforts.
- Help manage pipeline of account prospects, field initial inquiries and respond with either appropriate material or surface to VP of Sales.
- Work with ad, editorial and ad ops to coordinate the on-boarding process for new advertisers and ensuring that production specs are met and proper materials submitted in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all aspects of sold campaigns are launched accurately and on time, and that any needed launch verification material (screen shots, etc.) are sent to agency/client appropriately.
- Monitor ongoing campaigns to ensure that all elements and impressions are delivered appropriately based on approved proposal. Regular contact with client/agency to ensure delivery is properly optimized. Manage these day to day client/agency relationships positively to affect high client renewal rate.
- Work with finance on coordinating billing terms and conditions.
- Create end of campaign reports to justify and demonstrate delivery for each client.
- For the self-starter who shows the right skills, aptitude, positive attitude, proactive nature, hustle and teamwork, this role could potentially lead to a supervisory role in the future.