Key member of System1’s corporate finance team, reporting directly to the CFO. Oversees and is responsible for assuring accurate, timely and compliant financial reporting to internal and external users. Provides operational and strategic leadership to the accounts payable, purchasing and credit teams. Implements effective internal controls and processes across departments.
The Role You Will Have
- Manage M&A execution and integration, tax reporting and planning, financial reporting, and provide overall thought leadership to team around process improvement and controls.
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; administer, review, and compare all financial plans to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate. Manage and improve financial reporting and related systems and processes to support the company’s rapid and continued growth.
- Monitor annual tax, accounting, registration renewal, and other requirements for all entities.
- Coordinate annual audit and periodic bank audit, manage all activity from planning to issuance of final report. Support the CFO in preparing all quarterly board materials and involving the board’s audit committee around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
- Work with all direct reports in developing and executing the strategic plan to support company growth initiatives while delivering quality customer service, executing processes, and adhering to compliance requirements.
- Work closely with operations and sales leaders to build a strong and efficient vendor/customer network.
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities and implement non-technical enhancements, e.g., report control and automation, workflow control and visibility.
- Act as a Finance subject matter advisor to the IT team, including providing input and guidance to an in-process enterprise-wide IT transformation initiative.
- Coordinate/oversee Finance Function User Acceptance Testing and end-user training in support of IT professionals.
- Oversee the treasury/cash management function and all lender compliance activities (i.e. quarterly debt covenant calculations, and all monthly reporting requirements).
- Oversee tax accounting, tax compliance and the filing of tax returns in all jurisdictions.
What You Will Bring
- CPA license
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of seven (7) years of financial management experience in a high growth company (revenues > 300MM)
- Public accounting experience
- Accounting controls setup and process improvement experience
- Strong technical accounting skills, including transaction oversight and purchase accounting; technical ability to implement new GAAP rules, such as revenue recognition and lease accounting.
What We Have To Offer
- Free Uber/Lyft to and from work every day!
- Collegial and collaborative team with highly intelligent and motivated coworkers
- Cross-team lunches and demos to foster learning
- Unlimited Paid Sick Time, Competitive PTO and Benefits package
- Catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly happy hour at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Los Angeles
- Weekly fitness class with private trainer: high intensity training, yoga, beach volleyball, beach soccer, ultimate frisbee
- Competitive Relocation Package
- Company parties and outings: Skyzone indoor skydiving, Medieval Times, Karaoke, etc.