At System1, we believe in the power of using data for more relevant and targeted marketing, to connect the right consumers with the right advertisers.
To realize that belief, we build lots of tools and services to pull, make sense of, and serve the results of that data.
To run those services and process that data, we require lots of cloud infrastructure.
That’s where you come in.
We need you to be part of our DevOps team. We’re part ops, part dev, and part support, but we’re 100% foundational to the success of the organization. We’re where the rubber meets the road, implementing and automating and architecting and advising on all the things, and we’re looking for capable engineers with a desire to conquer new, exciting challenges on the forefront of tech. As part of our team, on any given day, you might:
Maybe you’ve been an SDET or developer or systems engineer all your life? Doesn’t matter, as long as you’re a self-directed, team-oriented, cross-functional, business-enabling, lifelong learner who is/has:
- Maybe you’ve been an SDET or developer or systems engineer all your life? Doesn’t matter, as long as you’re a self-directed, team-oriented, cross-functional, business-enabling, lifelong learner who is/has:
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering or related field
- 1+ years software development or operations background understanding concepts such as distributed systems, alerting, monitoring, logging, and incident management
- Understanding of one or more programming languages: Python, Java, Ruby, Python, Go, C++, C#... oh, did we mention Python?
- Deep understanding of Linux core fundamentals, command-line operations, scripting, and service monitoring
- Firm understanding of version control systems, i.e. git
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies, working in small teams, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Firm understanding of networking concepts and technologies
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Extra credit:
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services a plus; specifically in AWS
- 3+ years implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Linux and/or Windows environments in a large-scale public-facing website capacity
- Deployed a production application in a containerized environment (e.g. Docker) while using container management and service registry tools (e.g. Kubernetes, ECS, Consul.io, etcd, Registrator)
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, NGINX, Spark, and any RDBMS (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Work directly with development teams to understand engineering requirements and help engineer scalable, reliable, performant, and resilient software
- Design and build infrastructure to support OpenMail’s services and infrastructure in multiple AWS regions
- Create, use, and enhance tools to monitor our applications and services in the cloud, including system health indicators, trend identification, log analysis, and anomaly detection
- Automate repeatable and deterministic system and infrastructure build outs using Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Chef, Ansible, and Terraform
- Build on our automated process pipelines for alerting and CI/CD
- Provide and improve incident management coverage, support, and reporting, including on call rotations
- Help further our DevOps culture of cross-collaboration
- Have a ton of fun working with the latest, bleeding edge tech!